- Like Marjorie before me, Gabriel’s Oboe Ennio Morricone, the theme from the film the Mission haunting and beautiful. CLICK HERE
- Anything by Emeli Sandi but if I had to choose one from this amazing Scottish singer it would be Read All About it Pt III. I have seen her live several times and she is always excellent. CLICK HERE
- There is a Light that Never Goes Out by the Smiths, this reminds me of great times with friends as a teenager. CLICK HERE
- Another teenage favourite was London Calling by the Clash during my rebellious years which were not really rebellious at all looking back although I’m sure my mother despaired about some of my clothing choices and hair colour! CLICK HERE
- Hurt by Johnny Cash, he puts his whole soul into his music, and he has the most amazing voice. CLICK HERE
My book would be the Animal Farm by George Orwell. I was introduced to George Orwell at High School when we studied 1984 which was a revelation to my evolving self and piqued my interest in politics at the time. The themes in Animal Farm are still as relevant today, a classic tale.
My luxury item would be a selection of cheeses, crackers, and some chutney, where I would get peace to eat them away from the complaining voices of my children about the more pungent varieties!