Write in the box your 5 pieces of music & why
1. Classical - because I'm missing live concerts! Difficult to choose one item only. How about Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto, preferably played by Nicola Benedetti, an SCO performance we missed in March, thanks to lockdown! CLICK HERE
2. Vivaldi's 'Gloria'. I'm missing singing with the Hutchie Choral Society and this is one of the many items we enjoyed singing. CLICK HERE
3. 'Thine be the Glory' - an uplifting Easter hymn. We're all sorry we can't sing in church. Our grandson George, then just 3, sang this at an Easter service last year in Edinburgh. For months afterwards he would say, 'Can we sing 'Thine be the Glory' again please Grandma.' CLICK HERE
4. Oscar Peterson, jazz pianist. We have a 3CD set called 'Piano Power'. I like it because it's piano, it's jazz and Oscar is Canadian! Missing going to jazz gigs. CLICK HERE
5. 'La Boheme' by Puccini. Not a happy story but beautiful music. CLICK HERE
Plus - anything played by Grace on her harp! It's always very moving and lovely. CLICK HERE
Your book & why
Only one book! Help! Just as well we have the Bible and Shakespeare!
I'll go for 'The Mirror and the Light' by Hilary Mantel. It's the adventures of Henry VIII with his multitude of wives and naughty escapades. Thomas Cromwell supervises all! I read this not too long ago but I need to revise the history. I's a good read.
Also, it's 882 pages so I think lit will keep me going for a few days!
Your luxury item & why
I'm choosing a picnic hamper with a hammock, a load of bottles of sparkly wine and a tub of cashew nuts. And maybe a sunhat. No need to explain why!